The content on this American Society for Horticultural Science (ASHS) Website (the Material) is copyrighted. ASHS retains copyright for all Society publications. ASHS requires that credit be given by indicating the volume, number, pagination, and date of publication.
Access to Website Materials
- All content in the Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Science, HortScience and HortTechnology is available digitally going back to 1990.
- All content for HortTechnology published after January 1, 2019, is available Open Access and adheres to the Creative Commons licensing: CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 non-commercial, no-derivatives license. All material before this date is available online to view FREE.
- All content for the Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Science and HortScience published after January 1, 2020, is available Open Access and adheres to the Creative Commons licensing: CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 non-commercial, no-derivatives license. All material before this date is available online to view FREE.
Rules and Restrictions on Use of the Website and the Materials
- This Website and its Material are provided "as is." ASHS hereby disclaims responsibility for the content accuracy, completeness, timeliness or reliability of the Material and for any perceived warranties. The Material is provided for reference purposes and is not to be relied upon as a substitute for professional advice. Although we intend to take reasonable steps to prevent the introduction of viruses, worms, "Trojan horses" or other destructive materials to this Website, we do not guarantee or warrant that this Website or materials that may be downloaded from this Website do not contain such destructive features. By using this site, you hereby release ASHS from any claims you may otherwise have and hereby indemnify ASHS for any claims made by any third party related to your use of the site, except that for paying users ASHS does not disclaim responsibility for periods of inaccessibility caused by circumstances within its control, but then only for the amount paid for the period of non-availability. You acknowledge that ASHS has no control over, does not endorse, and is not responsible for the content of, any external websites that are linked to from the ASHS Website.
- ASHS reserves the right to may add to or remove Materials and features from the Website, or to otherwise modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, all or part of the Website without advance notice at any time.
- You are responsible for any content that you post (or that is posted from your account), or that you post links to, all of which must be to advance the scientific and educational purposes of the ASHS. Your posting of content will give ASHS the irrevocable right to use or transmit such content in any form or manner in the discretion of ASHS.
The American Society for Horticultural Science (ASHS) and Editors cannot be held responsible for the views and opinions expressed by individual authors of articles published herein. This also applies to any supplemental materials residing on this website that are linked to these articles. The publication of advertisements does not constitute any endorsement of products by the ASHS or Editors.