Following the full launch of our new platform in January 2019, librarians will receive an email with details for administrative access to the Access Management System (AMS). It is through the AMS that libraries and institutions may review account details, including IP address information held on record, subscription rights, and the ability to download COUNTER reports.
Following receipt of the email, all library administrators should:
- Verify your library administration account information. After launch, check your IPs and identify your proxy IP address, contact information, username, and email address.
- Verify your access to purchased subscriptions. When the grace period ends on February 28, 2019, institutional users will continue to be authenticated via IP access set by your library administrator.
If you are a library administrator and have not yet received details on how to log into your your AMS account, please email: Library Services.
How do library patrons know if their institution has access to an article?
The ASHS platform uses color coded padlocks to denote if a given article is available:
- Green: indicates user-accessible content; content that you/your institution have access to. This could include content which is free or has been made available temporarily for promotional purposes.
- Red: indicates restricted access; you do not have access to this content. To subscribe to this content, please see how to subscribe
Are there direct links to the new journal pages?
Yes, from the end of January, 2019, our journals may be found at the following locations:
Journal of the ASHS: https://journals.ashs.org/view/journals/jashs/jashs-overview.xml
What is ASHS EZproxy stanza?
- Title American Society for Horticultural Science (ASHS)
- URL https://ashs.org
- HJ https://journals.ashs.org
- HJ www.ashs.org
- HJ https://ams.ashs.org
- HJ https://www.ashs.org
- DJ ashs.org
- DJ journals.ashs.org
- DJ ams.ashs.org
Who should we contact for institutional subscriptions and institutional access issues?
How does an institution renew or place an order for the 2019 subscription year?
You can order through your subscription agent, or directly by contacting our Subscription Services Department:
American Society for Horticultural Science
Attn. Subscriptions Services
450 Fame Avenue
Hanover, PA 17331
Tel: +1 717.632.3535 x8188
Fax: +1 717.633.8920
Email: ASHS Subscription Services