Search Results

You are looking at 1 - 1 of 1 items for

  • Author or Editor: Alberto C. O. Pinto x
Clear All Modify Search

SH and MS media, sucrose concentrations (6% and 10%) and types of support (0.25% Gelrite, vermiculite and filter paper bridge) were compared in a factorial experiment to determine the effects on growth of immature embryos from peach cultivar B611505. Embryos were measured at the beginning of the experiment (control) and all treatments were kept in the dark at room temperature, for 40 days. Although gelrite, over all media treatments, increased embryos wet weight by 66%, the embryos were soft and succulent and their dry weight increased only 37%. Vermiculite support, on the other hand, increased wet and dry weights by 63% and 79%, respectively. Less embryo growth occurred with MS medium and filter paper bridge. Except for vermiculite and SH medium, 10% sucrose was more effective than 6% in increasing embryo growth.

Free access