Search Results

You are looking at 61 - 70 of 72 items for :

  • Refine by Access: All x
Clear All
Free access

Marissa Moses and Pathmanathan Umaharan

Mota, J.W. Loor, R. Kuhn, D.N. Brown, J.S. Schnell, R.J. 2008 Geographic and genetic population differentiation of the Amazonian chocolate tree ( Theobroma cacao L) PLoS One 3 E3311, DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0003311 10.1371/journal.pone.0003311 Myers

Free access

Amy K. Freidig and Irwin L. Goldman

oleracea ), beet, tea ( Camellia sinensis ), and chocolate. Soluble oxalic acid can be found in many plant tissues as potassium, sodium, or ammonium oxalate salts. Oxalic acid also forms insoluble compounds with cations such as calcium or magnesium

Open access

Xuan (Jade) Wu, Melinda J. Knuth, Charles R. Hall, and Marco A. Palma

; pairing flowers with other products such as chocolate, wine, jewelry, and books ( Lai and Huang, 2013 ; Rihn et al., 2011 ); labeling production process of flowers, origin, longevity guarantee, and certification ( Rihn et al., 2016 ; Rombach et al., 2018

Free access

Brooke C. Colburn, Shawn A. Mehlenbacher, Vidyasagar R. Sathuvalli, and David C. Smith

and chocolates ( USDA, 2011 ). Hazelnuts also contain compounds with purported anticancer properties and reduce the risk of coronary heart disease in consumers ( Richardson, 1997 ). Hazelnuts have been grown commercially in Oregon since the early 1900s

Free access

Li-Chun Huang and Yen-Chun Lin

–30 May 2011. In the empirical market, flowers have a broad price range. They can be as expensive as luxury chocolates or fine clothing, such as large flower bouquets with luxurious packaging; or they can be sold at a very friendly price, such as for a

Free access

Josh A. Honig, Megan F. Muehlbauer, John M. Capik, Christine Kubik, Jennifer N. Vaiciunas, Shawn A. Mehlenbacher, and Thomas J. Molnar

and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations (FAO), 2016 ]. Approximately 10% of the nuts of this species are sold in-shell, whereas the remaining 90% are processed as dairy, bakery, chocolate, and confectionery products ( Ciarmiello et al

Free access

John R. Clark and Chad E. Finn

Enseñanza, Turrialba, Costa Rica; selected in Puerto Rico in 1997; introd. 2002. Bean: 28.7 pod index; flavor profile of very mild chocolate notes up front with low overall bitterness and a distinct, persistent nut character; aftertaste has residual nut

Full access

Todd C. Wehner and Beiquan Mou

turning chocolate in the ripe stage; strong plant, specific use is fresh market; not for drying at the red stage. Similar: Caballero, Ancho San Juan, Tiburon. Adaptation: NAFTA—Mexico. 2004. Crusader —Vendor: Roger’s Brand. Characteristics: F 1 hybrid

Open access

Ali Loker and Sam E. Wortman

sweet pepper varieties analyzed for yield, 19 were identified as consistently high-yielding; those varieties included Ace, New Ace, Flamingo, Sweet Chocolate, Red Dawn, Colossal, Argo, Lady Bell, Honeybelle, Turnpike, Green Boy, Antebellum, Domino

Free access

Robert L. Jarret, Gloria E. Barboza, Fabiane Rabelo da Costa Batista, Terry Berke, Yu-Yu Chou, Amanda Hulse-Kemp, Neftali Ochoa-Alejo, Pasquale Tripodi, Aniko Veres, Carolina Carrizo Garcia, Gabor Csillery, Yung-Kuang Huang, Erzsebet Kiss, Zsofia Kovacs, Mihaly Kondrak, Magda Lisette Arce-Rodriguez, Marisel A. Scaldaferro, and Antal Szoke

.S. Cordell (eds.). Chilies to chocolate: Food the Americas gave the world. Univ. Arizona Press, Tucson, AZ 10.2307/j.ctv1qwwjt3.10 Arce-Rodríguez, M.L. Ochoa-Alejo, N. 2015 Silencing AT3 gene reduces the expression of pAmt, BCAT, Kas , and Acl genes